Thursday, March 1, 2007

Module 1Tasks - Telnet

TELNET

So here it is...

I knew nothing about Telnet, i really don't know if i still do. I know it was more common back in the early days and seems to be popular in away of using for data base searches for like libraries and government organisations. I am not sure if i will have much use for this but i suppose with knowledge comes rewards.

I found this site:
http://www.walthowe.com/navnet/faq/telnet.html#telnetuse

It helped me understand it a little more with the FAQ's. This site is a little old and not updated. Most of the links don't work. The information that is there was very helpful to myself to understand a bit more.

Here are my findings in doing the task.


That picture isn't to clear... But that is the email from the Deakin library on the search for Bennahum's Books. With that i could answer the question in the self test.


For those who cant see the answer is "Managed care : financial, legal, and ethical M"

I didn't find that i could use TELNET for much myself. As i have never heard of TELNET till i started studying this course i am sure i will find use for it. Or if someone could give me hints on how to use for personal gain would be great




No comments: